Boys aren't what I thought except for Scott

Part of being 24 years old means I get to experience that time of life known as awkward Saturday nights stuck talking to someone you really aren't interested in, or making your way to a bathroom in a crowded bar only to be stopped by someone who hopes that in those 30 seconds his first impression will be good enough to have you coming back, that time of life where every weekend out literally feels like a speed dating session! I don't know who ever came up with this first idea of what coining the term a "pick-up line" but I sure wish at that moment in time, before he took a sip of the drink in his left hand and took a step towards that girl on the other end of the room, I wish he had a real friend in that moment in time, and that his real friend decided to tell him that what he is about to do is a bad idea---a really bad idea, and will forever and ever go down in history as a really bad idea! So, to all those poor men out there who have decided to resort to a pick-up line I am taking the opportunity to share some of the worst lines I have heard over the years, while none of them have worked (and know that they NEVER will!) I have been thoroughly entertained. So thank you....but please, please stop with the pick up lines!
  • "can I get your picture to prove to my friends that angels really do exist"
  • "did you get your body at McDonalds because I'm LOVIN it"
  • "if this were a meat factory---you'd be prime rib"
  • "lets make like fabric softener and snuggle"
  • "well there's the exit. Will you go out with me?"
  • "thinking you are my potential wife"
  • "hey...do you have some spare time? (why?)...because I really want to hit on you!"
I wish that I had written down all the ones I have heard over the last couple years, because the truth is that these are the extremes. But the point is, why are they still happening?! Why is it that someone guy thinks this will work? Is it a joke, is it a dare, is it sincere?

So let me take this moment to take your attention back to the photo of the man above. Scott is without a doubt one of the best people I know, a soulmate for life. And I feel so lucky to have him and have so many adventures together and bless his soul for entertaining me with the best pick-up line I have ever received.
"Rach, girls like you give guys like me a reason to live....if I liked girls!"

So my suggestion to every man out there who chooses to use a pick-up line over asking my name--go ahead, I dare you to ask me something about myself, or tell me a story, or better yet don't give me or ask for my phone number within the first 5 minutes--take some time, enjoy the moment and remember that no great thing is created suddenly!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I Learned About Myself by Moving 5,000 KM + An Ocean Away from Home

Good things come to those who love....

The things I am thankful for