The things I am thankful for

With Thanksgiving coming and going this year I was blessed with the opportunity to sit in a room of 20+ people and share and listen to all the things in which the people whom I care the most about are thankful for in their lives. While this list can be entertaining with 9 wonderful nieces and nephews who spout off answers like "chocolate cake", "Auntie Rachel", "Dad" and "Lego", it is also filled with heartfelt answers of family, health, love and appreciation and of course with 4 girls in one family a few tears. I spent this week thinking about the simple things in life I was thankful for....



  1. A brother who who always takes the time to listen

  2. Big sisters being patient with little sisters

  3. Cab drivers who know when to talk and when to be quiet

  4. PVR - so I never have to worry about missing all those girly shows

  5. Good friends who always make the bad days seem not so hard and the good days feel like heaven

  6. A mom who worries about you night and day but would never let it on

  7. Rock'n Roll music that you can induce a good air guitar/headbanging session while doing dishes in the kitchen

  8. A dog that I insist on treating like my "child

  9. Good novels that make me want to read them over and over again

  10. Movies on rainy day

  11. A day at the beach

  12. A family that keeps getting bigger and bigger & better and better

  13. Electric Blankets - the only thing that makes winter bearable

  14. Ice cream cones

  15. A dad who will check your oil, help you move anything you need, and buy you a tool set knowing that he will be the one using it when something needs fixing

  16. Country Music

  17. Nieces and Nephews who have the greatest imaginations

  18. Dressing up and being silly

  19. That perfect pair of shoes

  20. A passport that is slowly but surely being filled up with stamps and memories of all the great places I have been

  21. That first sleep on a new pillow

  22. Warm showers

  23. Lazy Sundays

  24. Falling in love and falling out

  25. And that is all works out in the end

Dream as if you will live forever....live as if you will die today...be thankful in between

Comments

  1. You are so great. I love you. (My favorite was # 13... sooo true).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Things I Learned About Myself by Moving 5,000 KM + An Ocean Away from Home

Good things come to those who love....

There's lots of bark in the park, but not a whole lot of spark