Never stop being curious


This little man is my 3 year old nephew Benson. A perfect little being that I could not say enough good things about. Well let's be honest, he may not be 100% perfect, but I'm the auntie and I get to say whatever I want....so he's perfect! Along with the other 4 nephews and 4 nieces I have. Totally 9 sweet, innocent, smart, beautiful and as I've already covered, PERFECT kids.
Benson however did one of the more funnier things I have seen him do at our weekly Sunday dinners at my parents. Dinner was complete, cake had been distributed and devoured and hands were sticky! Benson ventured off to the bathroom to wash his hands, which some how turned into a mini hair styling lesson as he decided to wet his entire head and comb it over to the side. He proudly made his entrance back into the kitchen to show off his handsome new do, while also feeling somewhat distraught about his shirt soaking up the water that did not get absorbed by that perfect head. I simply removed his shirt and told him it would dry and let him run around without a shirt on for the remainder of the evening. He then joined the rest of his cousins outside to get those last few minutes of play time in. About 10 minutes later he walks back into the kitchen, this time less proud, more so embarrassed. He has his chubby 3 year old hands covering what my sisters have dubbed as "chessies" and I ask him if he is cold. To which he replies:
"Auntie Rachel, my nipples are inside out!"
He unveils his nipples, slowly letting his hands fall by his side and looks down at his chest. Too which yes, his nipples were certainly turned inside out from being out in the cold. He quickly covered them back up, climbed up on the bench and waited for his still somewhat damp shirt to be placed back over his head. He then looked me in the eyes and with all seriousness and sincerity asked:
"Auntie Rachel, will my nipples ever go back to normal again?"
Oh to be young again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I Learned About Myself by Moving 5,000 KM + An Ocean Away from Home

Good things come to those who love....

The things I am thankful for